A Good Life Comes With Social Networking
Many peoples’ lives have changed just by a simple thing that is well known across the world and consumes a lot
of time in their everyday lives. This life changer goes by the name of social networking. People in America suffer from health problems and eventually have to deal with major life problems. There
is evidence shown that social networking sites have helped people with life situations. Statistics have shown that social networking helps students have a better and successful future. Social
networking is life changing, because it’s useful in many ways and opens up a lot of opportunities to people all over the world.
Here are a few reasons that social networking is life changing. It resolves major life issues. In 2006, 60 million Americans had received help from social networking sites from experts or their friends who assisted them in making decisions. Some of these issues were changing jobs, finding a new place to live, buying a car, and caring for someone who’s ill. These sites definitely help a lot when it comes to finishing errands or taking care of problems. Studies have shown that social networking reduces the risks of getting health problems. It gives off a positive impact on people who are suffering from some type of disease or illness and it increases the quality of their life. It improves stroke recovery, helps memory retention, and just overall good health. It’s crazy to think that something so simple and can be accessed with ease can help you live a healthier life. Another benefit of social networking is that it helps students discuss educational topics. Some parents and teachers also think that social networking is a good tool to use in education. Statistics show that 59% of students who have access to the internet use social networking sites to discuss career and college planning and 50% use the sites to talk about school assignments to other students. I, myself talk to my friends about when my homework is due or how to do it over social networking sites and I know my friends do the same also.
Another pro of social networking is that it builds strong friendships, because not only can you communicate with your friends face to face, but you can also communicate more with them online. You can reconnect with friends and family you haven’t seen in a long time which can lead to life changing experiences. You can also make new friends on these sites and connect with people all over the world. Social networking brings together people with common interests and spreads ideas. Not only do social networking sites capture older people, it also helps the younger society in being more familiar with computers and technology. Social networking sites are free so why not use them? Like they say, “money can’t buy you happiness.”
There are quite a few cons when it comes to social networking, but most of them can be fixable. For example some users of social networking sites are vulnerable to sex offenders or cybercriminals, because they think that these sites give them a sense of security so they feel free to just post what they want. There are privacy settings on mostly all social networking sites so all users can hide personal information they don’t want others to see. To make social networking sites safe for children, they have age requirements and settings based on the user’s age to protect them. For instance on MySpace, users under the age of 16 are set to “private” so others won’t be able to search up their profiles during a general search. For the users who post photos or comments that can get them in trouble should know better and think ahead about what consequences they can possibly run into afterwards.
Social networking is life changing, because people all over the world use it in all sorts of ways. Whether it is to resolve daily life issues or to help a student finish their homework. With social networking people no longer have to be stumped on life problems that they can fix easily online. People have a solution from suffering health problems and can get in better conditions. It lets you build stronger relationships and helps create new ones. It creates a better future for younger generations to come. Everybody should sign up for any social networking site, because it will bring more excitement and happiness to your life.
MORE TEXTS ON:
How to Write a Personal Profile
A personal profile is like an icebreaker so people can see if they're interested in learning more about you. When it comes to writing about yourself, sometimes you're at a loss for words. You want to make yourself look good, but at the same time you don't want to come off as being arrogant. Writing a personal profile can be a fun and creative process.
1. Think about what you want to say about yourself. You want to capture the main points that you feel are reflective of your personality and the things you like and dislike. Paint an accurate picture of who you are without telling your entire life story. Use adjectives and other descriptive words and phrases to describe yourself.
2. Use specifics over generalities. Instead of just saying you like music and sports, list some of your favorite artists or bands and be specific about which sports you enjoy. List specific hobbies you enjoy, places you like to visit and restaurants you frequent.
3. Be honest. Don't exaggerate on details or try to make yourself appear to be someone you're not. If you decide to meet anyone who reads your profile, they will probably find out if you've lied so it's best to present yourself in a truthful manner from the start.
4. Create a well-rounded view of yourself. Don't just talk about a couple of areas of your life. People have many different things that help make up who they are, such as personality, hobbies, religious or spiritual beliefs, family, education, career, goals, talents, likes, dislikes, and so forth. Touch briefly on any area that you think is important in helping to show who you are.
5. Be confident. Although you're not trying to brag or boast, there's no need to criticize yourself or include things that you don't like about yourself. You might not be happy with certain things about yourself but don't focus on the things you view in a negative light. Being negative will most likely turn people away. You want your profile to be warm and inviting.